Australia supports Economic Reform in Vietnam (Aus4Reform)
Central Institute of Economic Management (CIEM) under Ministry of Planning and Investment is the implementing agency with the following outputs:
- Monitoring and implementation of economic development and economic restructuring initiatives linked to new economic growth model (NEGM), including better understanding of progress and issues in implementing sub-national level reforms.
- Effective implementation of the Government of Vietnam actions plans to streamline the business enabling environment, including better understanding progress and issues in implementing sub-national level reforms.
- Increased and more broad - based support for reform agenda to develop competitive factor markets, with a focus on developing markets for agriculture land use rights.
- Strengthen capacity to implement SOE restructuring, focusing on: monitoring and evaluation of SOE equitization; solving loss-making SOEs; SOE financial oversight; and increased transparency governance and accountability institutions.
- Recommendations for action to reform, restructure and improve public investment discipline and quality and to improve public service delivery institutions.